BAM Webinar. Digital Assets: Where Are We Now? Opportunities & Challenges!
November 18, 2021 - Crypto
Last week Block Asset Management hosted our 3rd and final Webinar of the year ‘Digital Assets, where are we now? Challenges and Opportunities!’. We were joined by 3 of our underlying Fund Managers (industry experts) to discuss topics that included; the current market condition, reasons for the bull market, a view to the 4 year cycle & when will the bull market end, current opportunities, challenges, DeFi, Staking, NFTs & regulation.
Thank you to those who attended the webinar and to those who sent positive feedback, it was much appreciated. We are pleased to be able to share a recording of the webinar below for those of you who could not attend.
The key takeaways were:
- Extremely bullish Macro conditions for risk assets
- Dispersion between growth/performance in sectors with Smart Contracts, Gaming & NFTs leading the way this year.
- User growth, revenue level & adoption level all growing.
- Bitcoin no longer holds the same influence over the performance of the rest of the market that it once did. Sectors & projects growing on their own merits.
- Fundamentals remain as strong as ever.
- DeFi has been a slower burn this year but huge potential remains.
- Managers confident on Smart Contract platforms, DeFi, NFT’s & Gaming/Metaverse.
- A lot of new verticals have been created in the last few years.
- Macro conditions, market evolution & hedging tools now available reduce managers fears of significant drawdown.
- In this asset class “Active management blows away any passive strategy” - Jeff Dorman of Arca.
- Regulation is coming but still some time away, some countries moving quicker than the US on this. Regulation is needed & will only help.
Timing the market is almost impossible (cost average in), due diligence is of paramount importance, diversification is key, take a long view!